“Ursinus is a star of the first magnitude in the small galaxy of colleges that change lives.“
– Colleges That Change Lives
With more than 96% of our student body vaccinated against COVID-19 at the start of the fall 2021 semester, students have continued to enjoy the return of traditional extracurricular activities and events on campus. Our Office of Admission is open for prospective student visits, with evening and weekend hours and opportunities in addition to daily weekday visits. Tours begin in our brand-new welcome center, the Schellhase Commons, which also features a small café and bookstore. For those who are more comfortable interacting virtually, or if Pennsylvania COVID-19 regulations change, we also offer a variety of virtual events and visit opportunities. We know these remain challenging times, and our goal is to make sure that students and families can receive the information they want—in the way they want it—and fall in love with Ursinus along the way!
Office of Admission
601 E. Main Street
Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426
⋅ 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio
⋅ Students are from 30 states and 8 countries.
⋅ Approximately 28% of incoming students self-identify as students of color, while 25% are first-generation college students.
(Tuition-$56,600; Room-$9,230; Board-$4,830)
⋅ 99% of students receive need-based financial awards and institutional aid. In 2020-21, Ursinus College granted over $49.5 million in institutional merit and need-based scholarships.
⋅ Students may use Ursinus financial aid to study abroad.
- Ursinus is widely recognized for its comprehensive First Year Experience program, which includes freshmen-only residence halls, outstanding advising, and a unique seminar-style course, called the Common Intellectual Experience.
- Ursinus is among the 10% of U.S. colleges and universities to have a Phi Beta Kappa chapter, and is one of just 41 institutions who can nominate students for the prestigious Thomas J. Watson Fellowship.
- Ursinus has been cited as a top school for undergraduate research. The quality of the classroom experience, the residential village, and the facilities—including the 100% donor-funded performing arts center, the $29 million interdisciplinary Innovation and Discovery Center, and the renowned Berman Museum of Art—have all been highlighted by national publications.
- All admitted, qualified domestic first-year students will receive at least $21,000/year, with top scholarships of $40,000/year.
- Ursinus is test optional. However, the Gateway Scholarship guarantees $35,000/year to admissible applicants who earn an ACT of 28+, an SAT of 1250+, or who have an unweighted GPA of 3.85 or higher on a 4.0 scale at the time of their application. (Applicants with a GPA between 3.5 and 3.84 who have taken a very rigorous curriculum will be considered for the scholarship on a case-by-case basis.)
- 34 majors, 59 minors
- 100% of graduates complete an Experiential Learning Project (XLP) as part of the core curriculum. Eligible types of projects include independent research, study abroad, an internship, a creative project, or student teaching.
- Every summer, 70 to 80 students spend eight weeks on campus working on research and creative projects with a faculty mentor through our Summer Fellows Program.
Areas of Study
African American and Africana Studies
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Business (Applied Economics)
East Asian Studies
Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies
Health and Society
Health and Exercise Physiology
Latin American Studies
Media and Communications
Peace & Social Justice Studies
Science and the Common Good
- Housing is guaranteed for all students. 94% live on campus in dormitory, suite-style, or special interest housing.
- Ursinus has 5 sororities and 7 fraternities, and approximately 20% of students participate in Greek life.
- The college has over 100 clubs, organizations, and interest groups, including intramural sports.
- Ursinus is a member of Project Pericles, an organization focused on social responsibility and participatory citizenship at colleges and universities.
- Each year, approximately 150 students study abroad in over 20 countries.
NCAA Division III, Centennial Conference:
Track & Field
Track & Field
- 95% of seniors are confident in their creative-thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- 98% of students say their internships prepared them well for post-graduate work
- Ursinus faculty support all candidates in the medical school application process. Among those who meet the average GPA and MCAT scores for medical school acceptance, more than 90% are admitted.
- 100% of students who participate in our pre-law program are accepted into law school.
- Our alumni become Rhodes Scholars, news anchors, community builders, frontier physicists, and biomedical wunderkinds. They attend medical, law, business and graduate school at Columbia, Harvard, Penn, Stanford and Yale, among other top universities. It’s why Forbes named us among the nation’s top colleges when it comes to graduate satisfaction.
- 3,818 applications; 433 students enrolled
- Average unweighted high school GPA: 3.6
- Top 10 states represented: PA, NJ, MD, NY, DE, CT, VA, CA, FL, MA
- 25% first generation
- 28% students of color