“One little group of upper-class students felt so strongly about the quality of their Juniata experiences that they asked me, ‘What’s the difference between Juniata and Amherst?’ My answer was that Amherst has more very bright, more sophisticated, and more well-to-do freshmen than Juniata, but by the time they’re seniors the situation has been reversed. The Juniata seniors’ talents have been doubled and sharpened, and they have been better equipped to cope, to adapt, and to take risks — things they will have to do in this new world.”
– Colleges That Change Lives
Juniata College is currently open for an on-campus, residential experience, and is hosting on-campus visits! We also invite you to explore our virtual visit options, including a live-guided tour and “happy hours” for parents & guardians. Click here for a full list of ways to reach us. We’re here to help!
1800 Moore Street
Huntingdon, Pennsylvania 16652
814.641.3420 / 877.JUNIATA
⋅ 45% men; 55% women
⋅ Students are from 39 states and 34 countries.
⋅ 75% of classes have fewer than 17 students
⋅ 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio
⋅ 100% of students receive financial aid.
⋅ Merit scholarships range from $20,000 to $31,000.
- Founded in 1876, Juniata is a four-year, independent, national liberal arts and sciences college.
- Surrounded by stunning natural beauty, Juniata is a place where inquisitive, talented and hardworking students do the all-important work of becoming broadly educated, effective citizens of the world.
- Students can write their own academic programs based on their interest, talents, and goals.
- We will encourage you to consider new ideas and perspectives, to take risks, to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
- Students contribute to a close-knit community of people who support, celebrate, and enjoy one another.
- The Juniata campus includes a 110-acre main campus, a 316-acre nature preserve, a 365-acre environmental field station at nearby Raystown Lake, and a 420-acre former farm used for research.
- The majority of students design their own individualized Program of Emphasis (POE) with the help of two faculty advisors.
- Juniata College is one of five recipients of the 2012 NASFA Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization. As the first rural school to receive the award, Juniata is proud to continue the Global Engagement Initiative in which 53% of students study abroad and 6% of the incoming class are international students.
- Juniata recently received a $1,000,000 grant from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. The grant will supply funding for approximately forty students to conduct summer research on the human genome and provide support for learning communities of faculty members to design curriculum that will explore the ethical, legal and social implications of the human genome. Juniata is one of only forty-seven primarily undergraduate institutions nationwide to have been selected for this award.
- 93% of graduates have jobs or advanced study plans within six months of graduation. While at Juniata, most students take advantage of experiential learning opportunities including study abroad, internships, and research.
- Juniata is also included in The Princeton Review’s Best 361 Colleges, Making a Difference College Guide, Barron’s Best Buys in College Education, Peterson’s Competitive Colleges, Kaplan’s Insiders Guide to the 320 Most Interesting Colleges, The Fiske Guide and Forbes.com, among others.
- Of 148 full-time and part-time faculty, 95% hold the highest degree in their field.
- 100% of classes taught by faculty; there are no teaching assistants.
- 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- 2 faculty advisors per student
- Nearly 50% of students study abroad, which is possible on six continents.
Business & IT
Human Resource Management
Integrated Media Arts
Peace & Conflict Studies
Performance Arts Management
Philosophy, Politics & Economics
- The majority of students live on campus in 15 residence halls. Special interest living options include an international floor called “The Global Village,” and “The Eco House,” which is comprised of students who wish to lessen their impact on the environment. Students may also apply for Living and Learning community houses in French, German, Spanish, and Russian.
- On-campus housing is guaranteed all four years.
- 104 student clubs and organizations exist. If Juniata doesn’t have it, you can create it!
- 19 varsity athletic programs; Member of the NCAA Division III, Centennial Conference (football), Continental Volleyball Conference (men’s volleyball) and Landmark Conference (all other sports).
- No sororities or fraternities — Juniata’s social scene includes everyone!
21 varsity athletic programs in NCAA Division III — Centennial Conference (football), Continental Volleyball Conference (men’s volleyball), and Landmark Conference (all other sports):
Field Hockey (Women)
Track and Field
Volleyball (Men and Women)
- Juniata College has a tradition of excellence within the Fulbright program. In the last four years Juniata students earned 16 Fulbrights, including 3 in the most recent graduating class.
- 96% of Juniata graduates are pursuing their career or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
- With a 95% placement rate into health related professional schools and 100% placement rate for law school, Juniata students are extremely successful in postgraduate education. Graduates can be found studying a variety of subjects at Carnegie Melon, Columbia, George Washington, Georgetown Law School, John Hopkins, Temple Medical School, University of Pennsylvania College of Veterinary Medicine and Law School, and York St. John University (York, England). Many Juniata students pursuing their postgraduate degrees from across the curriculum receive funding.
- From educational outreach at the Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts to conducting research at a genetic testing lab, Juniata Alumni easily transition from classroom to career thanks to the array of skills they acquire in their undergraduate studies.
- Average GPA: 3.75
- 31% from top 10% of high school class
- Middle 50% SAT: 1135-1320
- Average ACT score: 27
” width=”20″ height=”20″>