“If high school girls really knew what life was like in exciting places like Agnes Scott in Atlanta, women’s colleges would regain their attraction.”
– Colleges That Change Lives
Agnes Scott College is unable to host visitors on campus at this time, but there are multiple options for you to experience ASC. Take our virtual tour for a look at campus, register for a virtual visit to see what sets Agnes Scott apart, create a Custom Viewbook to learn more about your major and student life, or contact us to chat with an admission counselor or current student to learn more. See a full list of options available for students here.
141 East College Avenue
Atlanta, Georgia 30030-3797
404.471.6285 / 800.868.8602
⋅ 10:1 student-to-faculty ratio
⋅ Average class size is 16
⋅ An intentionally diverse campus
⋅ 62% students of color; 4% international students
⋅ 43 states and 28 countries represented in student body
⋅ More than 90% of students receive need- and/or merit-based assistance.
⋅ The average total institutional aid is approximately $30,000 per student.
- Agnes Scott College is a national liberal arts college located in Atlanta, known for SUMMIT, an innovative and personalized approach to the liberal arts and sciences that focuses on leadership development and global learning throughout a student’s four years.
- A small, vibrant, living-learning community in a large metropolis, Agnes Scott was founded in 1889 and is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
- Agnes Scott’s mission is to educate women to think deeply, live honorably, and engage the intellectual and social challenges of their times.
- Agnes Scott College fosters an environment in which women can develop high expectations for themselves as individuals, scholars, professionals, and citizens of the world.
- Through SUMMIT, all students participate in an immersive leadership retreat and a 7-9 day global travel experience (included in the cost of tuition) during their first year. During the sophomore year, all students participate in a week-long leadership experience and externship at an Atlanta company or organization.
- Agnes Scott regularly ranks among the top 20 “Best Quality of Life” campuses according to The Princeton Review.
- Agnes Scott is recognized as the No. 1 Most Innovative Liberal Arts College in the Country (for the second year in a row) by U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 Best Colleges rankings.
- Agnes Scott is ranked No. 1 First Year Experience by U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 Best Colleges edition.
- Agnes Scott is a top producer of U.S. Fulbright grant recipients, as determined by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- The student-governed Honor Code dates back to 1906 and promotes a high level of integrity and ethics on campus. Benefits of the Honor Code include unproctored and self-scheduled exams.
- Distinguished alumnae include: Georgia’s first female Rhodes Scholar; Fulbright, Goldwater, Truman, Rhodes, Pickering, and Gates Millennium scholarship winners; the Chief Justice of the South Carolina Supreme Court; the CEO of Ann Taylor; Pulitzer Prize, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony winners; and the first woman to chair the Federal Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- 100% of tenure-track faculty hold the most advanced degree in their field; of these, approximately 67% are women. There are no teaching assistants.
- Top majors include Psychology, Neuroscience, Public Health, Business Management, Creative Writing, and International Studies.
- Students may cross-register for courses at area colleges through the Atlanta Regional Council for Higher Education (ARCHE).
- 100% of first-year students complete a global travel experience through SUMMIT. 46% of our upperclass students study abroad again (in 34 different countries).
- 69% of Scotties complete an internship during their college experience; 100% will complete a one-week externship during their sophomore year through SUMMIT.
Biochemistry / Molecular Biology
English Literature – Creative Writing
Mathematics – Economics
Mathematics – Physics
Religious and Social Justice
Sociology & Anthropology
Student Designed Major allows a student to create her own interdisciplinary major.
Environmental and Sustainability Studies
Film and Media Studies
Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
Sociology & Anthropology
Dual-Degree in Computer Science with Emory University
Dual-Degree in Engineering with the Georgia Institute of Technology
Dual-Degree in Nursing with Emory University
- Agnes Scott offers a vibrant living-learning community, with plenty of opportunities for student engagement through student-run clubs and organizations, student government, service groups, and wellness programming.
- 83% of students live on campus. Housing options include beautiful buildings constructed in the early 1900s, as well as an apartment complex for juniors and seniors and three academic living-learning houses.
- 6 NCAA Division III varsity sports in the USA South Athletic Conference: basketball, cross country, soccer, volleyball, tennis, and softball.
6 varsity sports in NCAA Division III, USA South Athletic Conference:
- Agnes Scott College educates women to think deeply, live honorably, and engage the intellectual and social challenges of their times — and our alumnae do just that. From Fulbright Fellows, Truman Scholars, and Goldwater Scholars to positions with Teach For America and the Peace Corps, our graduates are able to pursue their passions across the country and around the world.
- Our graduates in the Class of 2018 had a 100% acceptance rate to graduate and professional programs.
- 91% of graduates earn a degree in four years.
- Agnes Scott alumnae work for a variety of organizations, from small nonprofits to Fortune 500 companies and everything in between, including CARE, CNN, Cartoon Network, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, General Mills, Harpswell Foundation, Museum of Modern Art, U.S. Naval Research Laboratory and Zurich Insurance Group. 91% of the Class of 2018 accepted a position.
Middle 50% SAT composite scores: 1140-1330*
Middle 50% ACT score: 24-30*
Mean GPA: 3.70
* Agnes Scott College is a test optional institution.
See the latest class profile.