To honor the 20th anniversary of the publication of the first edition of Loren Pope’s classic book and the 10th anniversary of the non-profit organization, Colleges That Change Lives has established a scholarship for students who enroll at a CTCL-member college or university. Congratulations to the 2016 winners:
- Amy Cazier of Wheat Ridge High School (Wheat Ridge, CO) will attend Kalamazoo College.
- Oliver May of Station Camp High School (Gallatin, TN) will go north to Beloit College.
- Emma von Breitenfeld of Arapahoe High School (Centennial, CO) will matriculate to University of Puget Sound.
- Madison Politte-Corn of Keller Central High School (Fort Worth, TX) will study at Cornell College.
- Makenna Brand of Meridien School (Austin, TX) is heading to Rhodes College.
- The sixth recipient asked to remain anonymous but will attend Ursinus College.
Four versions of the book have been published since 1996, each one offering valuable insight about the college search, as well as profiles of 40 small, residential, liberal arts schools that deliver quality liberal arts educations to thousands of students each year. For more than ten years, Colleges That Change Lives, Inc. (a non-profit, charitable 501(c)(3) organization) has preserved and promoted the belief that the college search should be a student-centered process that allows each student to find his or her best-fit college.