“Ralph Waldo Emerson said an institution is the lengthening shadow of one man — or woman. What has happened and is happening at Denison proves it. The change in ambience and ethos is palpable. It is a place where good things are happening and a new spirit is in the air … It is first rate.“
– Colleges That Change Lives
100 W. College St.
Granville, Ohio 43023
⋅ 10:1 student-to-faculty ratio
⋅ Ethnically and geographically diverse student body from 50 states and territories, the District of Columbia, and 37 countries
⋅ More than 40% come from distances greater than 500 miles to attend Denison.
⋅ Room and Board: $12,330
⋅ More than $52,000,000 in Denison grants and merit-based scholarships awarded to students
⋅ More than 1,000 merit-based scholarships awarded to first-year students annually.
- Independent, coeducational, residential college of liberal arts and sciences founded in 1831
- Intellectually challenging Summer Scholars Research Program exists for highly motivated students interested in pursuing original research opportunities.
- Picturesque 900-acre hillside campus with 360-acre Biological Reserve, just 30 minutes from Columbus, Ohio’s state capital
- Unique on-campus Summer Scholar program for one-on-one faculty/student research and interaction
- Denison students receive Fulbright, National Science Foundation, Mellon, Jacob Javits, Goldwater, Truman, and Udall Fellowships.
- Denison Internship Program offers more than 300 sites across the country for career exploration during the summer.
- The recently renovated Bryant Arts Center for studio art and art history as well Ebaugh Laboratories for chemistry and biochemistry were awarded the U.S. Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) gold certification.
- 226 faculty
- 100% of full-time faculty hold the most advanced degree in their field; there are no teaching assistants.
- Faculty are both teachers and scholars, and are frequent recipients of prestigious awards.
- Denison offers 48 courses of study and 11 pre-professional programs.
Art – Studio
East Asian Studies
Philosophy, Politics and Economics
Sociology / Anthropology
Pre-Professional Programs leading to Graduate Study in the following areas:
- Wide variety of housing options ranging from apartment-style residence halls to the Homestead alternate energy buildings
- 170 student-run organizations offer leadership and organizational skills training.
- 75% of students participate in varsity or recreational sports.
- Denison has won 14 North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) All-Sports championships since 1984.
- More than 85 selective academic off-campus study programs abroad and in the U.S.
NCAA Division III, North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC):
Basketball (Men, Women)
Cross Country (Men, Women)
Field Hockey (Women)
Golf (Men, Women)
Lacrosse (Men, Women)
Soccer (Men, Women)
Swimming & Diving (Men, Women)
Tennis (Men, Women)
Track & Field (Indoor/Outdoor) (Men, Women)
- Denison University consistently produces national award recipients, including 15 awards from the Class of 2014 in the form of three Fulbright Scholarships; one Davis Project for Peace Grant; two Boren Scholarships; six Benjamin Gilman Scholarships; one Kingston University in London award; one University of East Anglia in Norwich, Norfolk award; and one Graduate Institute in Geneva, Switzerland award.
- Acceptance rates into both law and medical schools upon graduation are significantly ahead of the national average, as 93% of Denison University applicants are accepted into law schools and 46% are accepted into medical schools. Recent graduates are engaged in a variety of graduate and professional degrees across the globe at institutions including Carnegie Mellon University, Case Western Reserve University, Duke University, The Ohio State University, Stanford University, Texas A&M University, the University of Hong Kong and the University of Western Australia.
- Within six months after graduation, 24% of graduates enroll in a graduate or professional degree program; 40% enroll in or complete a program five years after graduation; and 53% enroll in or complete a program ten years after graduating from Denison. Graduate and professional degrees sought include Doctor of Medicine, Juris Doctor, Master of Business Administration and Master of Education, to name a few.
- Average SAT (Critical Reading and Math combined): 1,285
- Average ACT score: 28
- Average GPA: 3.5
- Denison has a test-optional admissions policy.